Actress Shan George Spoke About Piracy, Girl-Child Marriage, Nollywood And Shandel Productions #shanspeaks

Embedded image permalink
Nollywood Actress Shan George was featured  in  this month #mentorsdiary an exclusive tweet chat conducted by Micheal Adeniyi @9jaclicktivist on twitter, she tweeted about Nollywood,Girl-child Marriage, Piracy and her production company Shandel Production
Full Chat:
 Good Evening Madam  welcome to our 
 , You are welcome, You actually kept to time, You seems not to be a fan of African time, are you?
lol….. No African time for me
Madam for how long have you been in the entertainment industry?
Been here since 1996. Do the math
Since 1996, you’ve actually spent 20 years was it an easy journey? did you ever thought of quitting?
Never been easy but no thought of quitting
When did you started acting and what was your inspiration?
I started acting at adulthood, Inspiration comes from God and my passion to give my best
How do you see Nollywood now, are you satisfied with the level of development in the industry?
Nollywood has really grown in every aspect so far so good, we will surely get better.
How have you been able to combine family with acting?
There  is time for everything, I apply timing and scheduling accordingly
What are the challenges you faced in the movie industry and how did u overcome it?
Challenges of being someone else (playing mermaid when we have never seen one) and challenges of being seen as the role we play
How did you got into the movie industry?
I was introduced into acting when I gained admission into UNILAG and needed school fees. I loved it and stayed put
Is it possible to join other professional job with acting, if possible how?
It can’t work unless you don’t want a career in it, entertainment is a tedious job, it hard to combine with anything
Was that why you stopped singing after your first music debut in 2010?
hahahahahahahahaha No I have not stopped singing, New song on the way,
According to rumours you got married as an under- age/Girl-child, was it true?
True, I got married when i was less than 18
Was the marriage not a girl child marriage, were you forced into it and did you enjoyed the marriage?
I wasn’t forced i willingly obeyed. It was good while it lasted, tho i was ignorant of my duties considering the age
If you were to advise an under age/ girl child planning to get married what will be your advise?
I will say No, its traumatic and scary (someday i will elaborate on reasons)
Do you have plans to convey the message( No to girl child marriage) through your movies?
I did already, in my movies “MADE IN HEAVEN”years back starring Richard Mofe Damijo, Directed by Chico Ejiro, (go and watch that)
Being an Actress and  movie producer, which do you love most, being behind camera’s or in front of camera’s?
I really love both..Lol
You own and produce at shandel production and you’ve actually produced a lot of movies, have you ever been attacked by piracy?
My dear Pirates have killed me already, remaining to bury me, maybe they are still looking for my size of coffin…lolzz
Since Piracy seems to have come to stay, what can we all do to reduce piracy? 
Government must make policies to curb them while security operatives arrest and prosecute those found guilty
You are currently Premiering your latest Movies” Beyond Blood” what social issue did the movie address?
The fact that families must stay together, no matter the odds, the film is currently showing in cinemas across Nigeria
Nollywood is now the second in the world, dont you think the government have a whole lot to do to keep the movie industry at its peak?
Government and Nigerians have supported the industry very well so far but we still lack funding, marketing outlet and academies
What advice would you give to upcoming actor/actresses?
  Dear upcoming actors/actresses get education, don’t compromise, don’t be shy when being auditioned, find a way to enjoy reading and pray always
I am acttually one of your fans, what would you say to us ?
  Thanks to all of you for finding me worthy, I love you all and i would keep on working hard not to fall your hand, you should also try and grab a copy of my new movies ‘Finding Goodluck’ and one ‘One Good Man’.
Thanks for your tweet chat @shangeorge12 from #shanspeaks to #shanhavespoken
Thank you Micheal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kaduna, Dangote, BoI, Others To Acquire PAN – El-Rufai

Senate moves to enforce patronage of local goods